Fortunately help is at hand
There are a number of things that I can do to make your computer safer, faster and more efficient, as well as checking for any impending problems such as a failing hard disk drive. I check a series of key areas on your computer and make sure that everything works the way it should. This includes system updates, virus scans, etc. (see below for full details.) Once I complete the checks, I discuss with you what I discovered, what errors were corrected, and I'll offer suggestions on what you can do to improve performance or prevent problems in the future. Think of it as a Service and MOT for your machine.
The healthcheck covers the following areas:-
- Install Windows and MS Office updates via Windows Update
- Check function of AntiVirus and Firewall protection.
- Check application and system logs for errors.
- Remove unnecessary startup applications and services
- Remove temp files and empty Recycle Bin
- Check hard drive and filesystem for errors correcting if necessary
- Registry Clean and Optimisation
- Security audit including 'quick scan' for spyware.
- Remove dust contamination from system's internal cooling fans
- Advice re possible, effective future upgrades
- Advice re data security including backups.
- Consultation to discuss any issues you may have